Evermore Prints Public Call to Artists
All proposals must be received by Evermore by Midnight, Friday May 1st
Evermore seeks proposals for the display of two-dimensional artwork as part of the 2020 and 2021 First Thursday gallery exhibitions.
- Opening August 6th, through end of the month
- Opening September 3rd, through end of the month
- Opening November 5th, through end of the month
- Opening December 3rd (runs through Jan 31st)
- Opening February 4th, through end of the month
- Opening March 4th, through end of the month
Evermore is located on the ground level of the Main + Marketplace Building (780 West Main Street, Boise Idaho), and is open to the public 10a.m. to 6p.m.
Two-dimensional works displayed in Evermore must be comprised of professional-quality, ready-to-hang, original art; artwork on paper must be under glass. No Plexi glass will be accepted. No artwork will be displayed which: cannot be safely hung or displayed using the gallery’s equipment; requires unusual maintenance, handling, or security. Each piece to be displayed will be evaluated for its compliance with these general requirements. Selectees will be required to enter into an Acceptance Agreement with Evermore setting forth specific conditions of display. Small, informal groups of 2-4 artists are encouraged to propose an exhibition including all artists’ work.
Artists or organizations wishing to display work in the 2020/2021 Evermore Series must provide the following materials and information to Evermore in order to be considered for selection.
- Completed Application – Contact Information and general show requirements
- Artist Resume/CV (1page);
- Letter of intent (250 words);
- Up to five (5) digital images representational of the works proposed for display.
The selection of art for the 2020/2021 Evermore Series will be made by a jury of five artists and professionals. Evermore will notify selectees by email on June 1st. In evaluating eligible proposals, the following factors will be considered:
- Aesthetic Value
- Skill and Technique
- Inherent Meaning
- Fulfilled Intent
RESOURCES AND EXPECTATIONS:
Evermore will provide selected artists/organizations with the following resources:
- Install, lighting, and removal each piece of artwork;
- Space for artist information;
- Publicity of the exhibit through City contacts, local social media, social media, and other informational forums.
- Signage for the night of the opening
- Catalog for the show
- Tags for artwork
- Name tags
- (250) postcards
- Advertising with the Downtown Business Association, Boise Weekly, Evermore’s website and social media pages.
- Bar by Press and Pony (host or no host options)
- Fresh flowers
- Table and Linens (upon request)
Selected artists are required to:
- Enter into an Acceptance Agreement with Evermore setting forth specific conditions of display
- Provide completed inventory list including titles and pricing up to one month prior to show
- 250 word artist statement including show title to be used in marketing materials
- Catering fees will apply
By e-mail: email@example.com
By Phone: 208.991.3837